Top 10 NFL Players of the 2012-2013 Season – By: Alec Anthony
2012 was definitely a crazy year in the NFL, from week to week there was 100% excitement and controversy from the “Fail Mary” Packers, Seahawks game to Adrian Peterson coming only 9 yards away from breaking the all time record but beating the packers to make the playoffs. There has been 3 Rookies who’ve taken their teams to the playoffs and many teams exceeding expectations. Peyton Manning, coming back from one of the worst injury’s possible has lead the Broncos to a unbelievable season and teams have been relentless! 2012 Has definitely been a fantastic year for football!
-Criteria/Requirements: Being a game/team changing player-
This is currently a list for the Top 10 Overall best players in the NFL from the 2012-2013 Season! If I could include more players to this list I would, but unfortunately I cant, so here’s my “Didn’t but Definitely-could have made list” Players: Robert Griffin III, Calvin Johnson, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Alfred Morris, Aldon Smith, Richard Sherman, Rob Gronkowski.
10. Marshawn Lynch – Marshawn Lynch also known as “Beast Mode” has led the last years 8-8 Seahawks to a 11-5 record, and has taken them to the playoffs! He’s currently 3rd in the league in total rushing yards and has led the Seahawks to the #2 rushing offense in the NFL. Marshawn Lynch is one of the most violent running backs that never goes down the first hit, he’s had an amazing year and deserves to be on the list!
9. Von Miller – Von Miller is one of the most dynamic linemen in the game today, he’s a hard hitting, athletic, and motivated player. Currently he has 17.5 sacks on the season and has lead the Broncos defense to the #3 defense this year, he makes an impact on every play causing double teams by the other teams offensive linemen and still getting the crazy numbers he has!
8 . Tony Gonzalez – Tony Gonzales has been in the league 16 years, and is still putting up All-Star numbers leading the league in receptions for a Tight End. He’s lead the Falcons to a 13-3 record and the #1 Seed in a tough NFC Conference. He’s currently a lock to be in the hall of fame, and is still at the top of his game!
7. Patrick Willis – Patrick Willis, one of the hardest hitting, pure tacklers in the NFL is currently the top linebacker in the NFL, he’s lead the 49ers to a 12-4 Record with a first round playoff-bye and made the 49ers the #1 Rushing Defense in the NFL. He’s the old Ray Lewis reincarnated, and definitely deserves a spot on this list.
6. A.J. Green – A.J. Green has only been in the league 2 years, and is already on a pace to have a better career than the all-time greatest receiver “Jerry Rice”. He’s lead the Bengals to their second playoff birth in a row and is currently leading the league in touchdowns with 14. He is a monster, and un-guardable by any cornerback. He deserves to be on this list because of the impact he’s made on his team, and hasn’t token a step back since he’s came in the NFL.
5. Tom Brady – Tom Brady, the 3 time Super-bowl winner has lead the Patriots to another phenomenal season, throwing for over 4800 yards, taking the patriots to a 12-4 record and a 1st round playoff bye. He’s been terrific this season and hasn’t taken a step down despite his age, he’s a lock for the hall of fame, and is producing like an MVP this year.
4. J.J. Watt – J.J. Watt is by far the most dominant defensive player I’ve seen in years, he’s lead the Texans with 19.5 sacks, and 57 Quarterback hurries, setting and NFL All-time record for most Quarterback hurries, he’s the most all-around productive defense player, whether he’s stopping the run, batting down passes, or sacking the quarterback, he’s a sure lock for Defense Player of the year, and if MVP was only a defensive player pick, he would be my vote.
3. Aaron Rodgers – Aaron Rodgers is the best example of consistency, he’s by far the most talented Quarterback in today’s game, and can pick a defense apart. He’s lead the Packers to their 3rd Playoff birth in a row, and has thrown for over 4,200 yards. He’s taken an injury-beaten team and has got them to 11 wins, despite all of the players going down and can tear apart any defense. He’s by far one of the most dangerous players in the NFL Right now.
2. Peyton Manning- There’s not enough you can say about Peyton Manning, after coming off a season-ending injury and having over 3 neck surgery’s, he wasn’t expected to ever be the same, and maybe even never play again. Well whoever said that wasn’t lieing, he’s been better than his old-self, leading the Broncos to 12 straight wins, and the #1 Seed in the AFC. He’s put up amazing stats and they are currently the most dangerous team in the NFL right now, He’s the smartest quarterback to ever play the game, and in my opinion the greatest quarterback to ever play the game. No one plays the Quarterback position at a higher level than Peyton Manning does.
- Adrian Peterson- and here we have the #1 player in the NFL, the powerful, versatile, unstoppable man, known as “All Day” Adrian Peterson. After coming off an ACL,MCL Injury he was expected to never be the same, which is usually a career ending injury for a running back, everyone doubted him coming back and didn’t expect much. But with Adrian Peterson’s amazing worth ethic, strength, and motivation he came back better than he ever was an lead the Minnesota Vikings to a playoff birth after coming off a 3-13 season. He’s rushed over 2090 yards making him the 2nd all time leading rusher in a season coming off his devastating injury, he’s lead the Vikings through every game with his powerful running, and hasn’t been stopped once. He’s easily the best NFL player in the game and definitely deserves to win the MVP this year.