Article #2: Technology Is Changing How Students Learn
Article #3: The Facebook Resisters
Your post should include explanations of and commentary on the following topics:
- What social networking outlets do you use?
- Explain the purpose, for you personally, of different social networks.
- What are some local/national/global trends in social networking that are of interest to you?
- Who are you paying attention to in the social network universe?
- What is the difference between social networking and real-life interactions?
- What thought do you put into what you are posting/reading?
1. What social networking outlets do you use? The Social Networks that I currently use are Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. i use these almost every day of my life. I go on these Social Networking websites on my iPhone and I also use them on my computer at home!
2. Explain the purpose, for you personally, of different social networks. The purpose for me of different Social Networks is for communication and news. I use all these social networks for basically the same reason. I get all of my daily news / reading from the articles and news reports on Twitter & Facebook. I also use these to communicate with others and get plans together using Facebook chat. It is also very good for commenting on each others status’s and getting to know my about my friend’s life a little more!
3. What are some local/national/global trends in social networking that are of interest to you? The local/national/global trends in social networking that interest me are the “Twitter hash-tag trends” These trends are used during my tweets whenever I want to form an opinion on whatever the popular trend that is going on at the time! Another trend that interests me are using Games on Facebook. There are some fun games that I play on Facebook such as Texas Hold-em Poker & Mafia Wars. They are very entertaining & very addicting.
4.Who are you paying attention to in the social network universe? In the Social Networking universe I am paying attention to many Athletes, Celebrity’s, Parody Accounts, News feed, and a lot of my friends! I pay attention to all of these people because i like hearing their opinions and what they have to say! It is very interesting to read and keeps me entertained for a while!
5. What is the difference between social networking and real-life interactions? The main difference between social networking and real-life interactions is how much easier it is to tell people and share opinions on social networking. Many people say things they wouldn’t say to people in real life or share opinions they wouldn’t share on social networking sites, making it a lot different. It is a lot more different that real life interactions because you’re actually using your voice to talk to them and using hand-motions and body motions and you wouldn’t say everything you do online!
6. What thought do you put into what you are posting/reading? I usually put some thought Into what I’m posting because I don’t want to offend any family members or friends & I want to sound funny or smart! I don’t just post anything and leave it out there because everyone in your family can see it and hold it on you that you said it! A lot of information I post is mostly Information on sports that I’m watching or Trending Topics that I leave opinions about!
Additionally, post your current Facebook profile picture and list the who, what, where, when of that photo. Tell why that was the photo you chose and how that is an accurate portrayal of your image.
Where: We we’re at the restaurant “The Red-Wood Room” in downtown Rochester!
What: We we’re going out to eat for my Sister’s 19th birthday and decided to take a nice picture of our family outing.
Why: I have this is my Facebook profile picture because it is an all around positive picture that makes me look like a family-oriented guy who likes to have a good time and goes out to fancy restaurants!
This Photo portrays me as a nice, well-dressed guy that has a happy family! There’s no negative thing about it!
When the above post is completed, take a closer look at social networking outlets you use on a regular basis. Use yourself as the speaker and fill in the rest (audience, content, occasion, media, purpose) accordingly. Your responses for each element should show complete thought, not simply a bulleted list. The main Social Networking Site I use is twitter! The Audience of my twitter is all of my followers which are my friends, my cousins, my aunts and uncles, and a few celebrity’s that all want to hear what I have to say on a daily basis. The content I post includes Sports News, Trends, Funny Quotes, Retweets, and personal opinions on certain things! The Occasion of me posting is about 4 times a day on an average and it’s usually during the night when I’m at home on my computer or laying in my bed on my iPhone at night! The media that I follow are many news posting sites such as CNN, NBC, and ESPN, and also many Celebrity’s and Athlete’s that have interesting things to say! My purpose of posting is to make enjoyable posts that make people think and laugh, and interesting news that I want all of my followers to know and enjoy what they are reading!